Posted on March 12 2017
The newly revamped Zengo has reopened in a big way and is now offering Sushi rolling classes - which we think is genius! Who doesn't want an amazing date night that includes a new experience, great drinks, and delicious food? While sushi classes aren't new to Denver, the experience at Zengo has added a few twists that we loved.
It goes like this:
- The class starts with a quick overview of the restaurant, sushi history and fun facts
- The Sushi Chef, Aaron Sellers, will then guide you through a hands-on rolling practice, cutting and plating.
- Their Sake Sommelier, Brandon Tebbe, provides you with 3 sake tastings for each of the 4 rolls you make and offers some background and info on each of the pairings.
- They have yummy snacks out to enjoy during, like their Salty Edamame.
- At the end of the class, you get to eat the sushi you rolled in addition to special rolls that are brought out by the raw bar staff.
- They even send you home with a recipe card and dry sushi rice in a Chinese To-Go box.
At $65 per person, it's makes for a fun and unique date night for about $150 (after gratuity) - which is tough to do downtown.
We give this class a thumbs up and definitely recommend checking it out for date night with a new twist. Interested? Click here to check out available dates and sign up!