Need Help With Your Next Night Out? The experts at DDN have you covered!
42 S Broadway
What We Loved:
- The Location. Tucked in along the Baker strip of South Broadway it's one of my favorite date nights spots for strolling. You will find a super fun and eclectic mix of people, restaurants and bars. This is a perfect stop along the way.
- The Vibe. It was trendy, colorful, energetic and very cool while also feeling relaxed and comfortable. This place is great for a change of pace date night or a night out with friends.
- The Food. Of course the food! They are all about comfort food with some amazing Asian flair. We opted to share plates and build our own tasting menu. We went with the pork belly bao buns - to die for. We couldn't stop talking about how good the pork belly was perfect, not too fatty but still full of flavor. Next up was the red chili pork dumplings - the perfect amount of spice and super addictive. Lastly, the ginger fried rice - I couldn't stop eating this. The food was so rich and wonderful it was exactly what I wanted on a chilly night.
- The Staff. Friendly and helpful but not overbearing. Perfect.
Things We Didn't:
- The No Reservation Policy. While I recognize that this is a growing trend in Denver, I am not a fan. With 2 kids at home and crazy schedules, when we do get time to go out, I tend to avoid places where we might face a wait. I want to maximize my time out. We were lucky on this Saturday night, there was no line and we were able to be seated at the bar immediately.
Overall, we loved it and will definitely be back. It's not particularly kid friendly so save it for those last minute date nights. Our recommendation - try the bao buns!! Stop at one of the great bars in the area on your way (we love Historian's rooftop and Adrift for fun cocktails), head to Cho77 for dinner, and check out Sweet Action a few doors down for dessert. All withing walking distance makes this the perfect Baker neighborhood date night!