The Denver Chophouse & Brewery
The Food. We loved that it was traditional, that's exactly what we were in the mood for. I wanted one of those places your Dad took you to growing up on special occasions and this hit the mark. The steaks were great cuts cooked to perfection. I ordered the prime rib, it was huge, the au jus was delicious and the horseradish was strong - perfect.
- The Beer. It is a brewery after all located in the heart of beer town. We liked what they offering and thought it paired well.
- The People. Everyone was knowledgeable with their recommendations and happy to help.
- The Location. In the heart of Lodo, this location is basically close to everything with great walkability.
- The Size. It can be ridiculous trying to get a reservation in this town so it's nice that the Chophouse is so large. Reservations are easy to get last minute and walk in traffic is typically accommodated quickly.
What We Didn't:
- The Service. While we thought our server was wonderful when we first arrived, by about mid meal he was obviously overwhelmed by the number of tables he had. He never stopped running and it was almost impossible to get his attention.
- The Romance. While it was dimly lit, it was definitely not romantic. The décor is a little dated and it was super loud.
Overall, the food was really good and if I'm downtown hankering for a reasonable priced steak, this will likely be my stop. Not so much the romantic night for two but more of a pre game stop with friends. Fill up on some steak, conversation and beer before hitting the town.