Posted on April 27 2016
4000 Tennyson St. Ste 101
Things We Loved
- The Food. Charcuterie and Cheese appetizer is AMAZING! Definitely in the top 3 for me in Denver. For my veg friends, the beet gnocchi is well worth a try. For the meat lovers, the prime rib is seasoned right and cooked perfect. Skip the mussels, they’re too expensive and tiny. Good variety on the menu to accommodate most diets.
- Location. Tennyson is so much fun on a friday night. After dinner we found ourselves wandering around people watching and checking out the local antique shop that was open late night. We even stumbled across the brand new Funky Trunk on the side of the road with a really cool eclectic mix of clothes and jewelry. The owners were fun to chat with and had great stories about the locals from Tennessee who made some of the items in their truck.
- The Vibe. The place has a nice bustling feel with a good mix of people. Very trendy and great for groups.
Things We Didn’t
- The Noise. Mind numbingly loud. This was not the place for an intimate date. We were literally yelling to each other across the table the entire time.
- Service. Our server wasn’t particularly friendly and kept disappearing. It took eternity to get our check which is a big pet peeve.
Overall the food was really good and if we were in the area with some friends we would definitely stop in for some cocktails and that charcuterie tray but maybe not the most intimate for a romantic date.